Project Optimism: Open and Say AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Do it. Take a second, inhale, open your mouth and say ahhhhhhh! If you’re as tired as I am, it quickly turns into a yawn, but that’s ok. Sometimes you just need a silly starting point. Or ANY starting point. Just something to get you into the moment and out of your thoughts.
This has been my challenge in 2013, faithful readers, getting out of my thoughts. But every moment of every day is an opportunity to start fresh, so I’m opening up, saying ahhhhhhhhhh and grabbing today by the biscuits, as per plan.
The beautiful and talented Anka and I are kick starting Project Optimism today, and bringing it to the world every Monday. Is it because Mondays are depressing and we need a lift? NO! It’s because Monday morning is another one of those fresh start opportunities that we love so much. So look around, find something to be happy about, and then share your joy with the world. Because EVERYONE needs it.
So you know what, kittens? I am optimistic. I do think that this week is going to be amazing! This week, it’s ANKA that is filling me with optimism! Sometimes everyone needs a cheerleader to drop them a few emails and just KNOW that they are up to whatever challenge is ahead of them. I have so many goals and so much that I want to accomplish this year that sometimes it can be overwhelming, but you know what? This year has just started. It’s ok if I haven’t finished everything on my list yet. No one is expecting me to. And no one is expecting you to, either.
So look around, kittens. Who is your cheerleader? Give them a hug, tell them that you appreciate them, and then go and be a cheerleader for someone else. That’s what Project Optimism is all about. Take your good and make it better, and most of all SHARE IT!
- Write about something that makes you feel optimistic. My post today was almost about how delicious it is to add rye to your tea…but I’m striving for HEALTHY here, people! Whatever it is, write from your heart.
- Post on MONDAYS. Include “Project Optimism” in your title.
- Grab a badge by going to your dashboard and clicking the “IMAGE” widget. Adjust pic size 200h x 200w. The image URL: (https://mylifeisthebestlife.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/project-optimism.jpg)
- Link over here and invite friends to join in.
- Encourage the person who linked up before you, because that’s what it’s all about. Kindness is contagious!
It’s easy (at least for me) to put up a funny,
occasionally sarcastic front and let that be your go-to gimic. But maybe sometimes (like Mondays…) it’s ok to just be happy for happiness sake.
Happy Monday, kittens. Make someone smile today!